Friday, February 25, 2011

There to Hold Your Hand

Psalm 121: 7-8 The Lord will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
This verse reminds me of the prayer little kids pray each night before bed:

 Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.  Guide and guard me through the night and wake me with the morning light.

I think we should all be comforted by this verse each day.  "The Lord will keep you from harm - he will watch over your life."

-when your facing financial troubles
-when you are sick
-when are traveling
-in everything you do!

But when you look at the second part of the verse, it makes even more sense, the Lord is like our light house.  When ever we feel we are in the dark we can keep looking, BAM, there is His light to guide us back to Him.  And, no matter where we go, the Lord is there, watching over us - ALWAYS.

I am glad I have someone to watch over me.  And someone I can go to when I feel sad, down trodden, and happy!  Someone I can share my thoughts to and someone who knows me for who I am - good and bad.

Dear Lord,  Thanks for always being there for me.  For watching over me day and night.  But not only me.  Thank you also for watching my friends, my family, and yes Lord, even my enemies.  Keep us all safe.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 121 is one of my very favorites, especially these verses.

    I love your simile comparing God to a lighthouse. Very true :-)

    I find myself trying to navigate the rocky shores on my own sometimes... and of course I get stuck among the rocks--a reminder that I never have to go it alone.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this post.