Monday, January 10, 2011

Just When You Think...

Proverbs 3:6  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

So, today I was out and about running errands with my daughter.  We went to the library, Grandma's office, and the grocery store.  While I was in line to check out at the grocery store, I noticed my credit card was not in my wallet.  I thought to myself where it could have been.  I was going through my mind in all the places I have been.  The first thing I thought was that my wife took it from my wallet, so I called her.  She did not.  But she reminded me that we were at Disney on Ice and I used it there.  Could I have left it there?  What if it fell out of my wallet there?  How many people would rather keep the card compared to those who would turn it in?  All I kept thinking was where could the card be and did someone already use it?
I paid for my groceries using a different credit card and then went to the car.  After loading the car I sat and thought, "where could it be?"  I was on my way home when I realized that i dropped my wallet at the library while checking out books.  I gave them a call and lo and behold, it was there.  Boy was I happy.  I said a quick prayer to God thanking him not for finding my card, but for still making trustworthy people in the world.  Someone had to pick it up and turn it in.  A trustworthy person.

Dear Lord, Thanks you for having so many trustworthy people here on earth.  May I be able to help others see your way so they can be led straight on your path.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post.