Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Perfect Love

1 John 4:12  No one has ever seen God, but if we love each other, God lives in us, and his Love is made perfect in us.

My Past: Boy, did I love a lot growing up.  I loved playing outside.  I loved Debbie Gibson.  Excuse me, it's Deborah Gibson now.  I loved my family.  But, I really didn't love one another.  I wanted to fit in, so I became a part of the "Jones" crowd.  Always trying to catch up.  Sure I had relationships, but they did not seem too significant.  It was like I always wanted something more.  I know I loved the person.  But I really wasn't in love.  It wasn't until I came to know God that I knew what love really was.  I felt loved.  Not just by family members and friends, but by an outside force.  I could walk down the street with a pep in my walk because I knew God loved me.  And it felt good.  Words can't describe it. But, I liked it.

My Present:  Some people gave me slack about my post on mercy.  They said that I did not have compassion because I told my wife to suck it up when she was sick.  I do love my wife.  When she was recently sick in bed, I got out the DVD player and hooked it up to the TV for her.  I got her movies and I made her tea.  I showed her love.  The same love that God wants us to show towards others.  I showed her mercy as well.  But I also told her she needed to "suck it up" and get out of bed and take a shower.
I now look at love with a new meaning.  Love is not just an emotion or feeling.  It's a way of life.  Love your neighbor we are told.  In every religion we are taught to love one another.  If we all live this way, how much better do you think the world would be?  Especially in today's economy and day of life.  The old Coke commercial comes to my mind: "what the world needs now, is love, sweet love."  Let's try and live today and the rest of the year loving our neighbors with love, sweet love.

My Goals:  Last night I ran my 2 miles at a 7:50 pace.  Not too bad.  I'll have to practice using the flexibility/yoga cards a little more.  It should come to me soon thought - I hope.
I also took my measurements and here they are.  I want to put them out there so you can offer me encouragement, as well as so I don't disappoint myself.
I currently weigh 218lbs.  My body fat according to the scale is 28%.  But after I took my girth measurements, I have a 25% body fat.  I'll keep you up to date at the end of each month. 
Tonight I have to walk on the treadmill as well as do my weights.  Can't wait!

Dear Lord, Please let me love others the way your son, Jesus, would love: perfectly.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. You weight 218 lbs! You are not allowed to weigh over 210!!! Those are the rules in this Hilliard household.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this post.