Thursday, January 6, 2011

Living Together

Psalm 133:1 How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity!

The Past Living in unity was something that I did while at Ohio State in the fraternity house...  Sometimes.  Granted, I tried to make make peace with some who I didn't get along with.  But all-in-all I did get along with the guys.  Those who I did not get along with I left alone.  I let them do thier own thing.  The surprising thing was that I did get along with most of the guys.  I guess that is what the fraternity is all about.  Living together (and in my case, partying together) in unity is something we had to do to keep the fraternity alive and well.  I was out of the fraternity when things went bad.  Due to a few members bad decisions the fraternity was shut down on campus.  I don't know everything that happened, but rules were broken and abused.  The unity fell apart.  
It was not until a few years later (after the probation period) that the fraternity was allowed back on campus and given a charter.  All because a few good men wanted unity, again.  A big thank you goes to them from me.  I can still drive to Columbus and visit my fraternity house (and remember all the good times).

The Present: As I sit here writing this, I believe the Hilliard household lives in unity.  We all have a common goal to succeed and get ahead.  And, we are all united in God.  We go to church and see others who live for God.  We also see it when we go to the store or out to eat.  But, we also don't see it.  Every night on the news you hear of people getting a divorce, murder, and hatred.  Where is the unity outside my house?  From this point on, I will try my hardest to help others live in unity.  Whether it be the students I teach or people I see at the store I will try to help them be united.  How?   I'm not too sure yet.  But, I know it will come to me when I need it to?

My Goals: Tonight I ran 2 miles at a 7:44 pace.  Pretty good for just starting out.  If I want to make my goal in the 1/2 marathon I need to shave off a few more seconds, as well as run a few more miles. 
Tomorrow I will also take an assessment I give my students.  It's a nutrition assessment.  It basically has you look at what you eat and gives you options on how to improve.  I'll post my score tomorrow. 

Dear Lord, Please allow me to use my skills and my strength that you gave me to help others be united.  What a great day it will be when we are all united!  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post.